- ZRE have pay 0.088$ per share on 4 march 2016. I will receive 0.70$ from ZRE.
- VDY have paid 0.126995$ per share on 7 march 2016. I will receive 2.03$ from VDY.
- VDY have paid 0.060698$ per share on 24 march 2016. I will receive 0.97$ from VDY.
- VXC have paid 0.112089$ per share on 24 march 2016. I will receive 0.56$ from VXC.
Here’s my little experience on why you should pay yourself first. Couples months ago I thought I was paying myself first, but instead, I was budgeting everything at first and kept what left to add to my saving or investment account.
This is the wrong way to do it. With this method, I was over budgeting in a lot of fun category like dining out and was not limiting myself to only what I needed. After couples month, I finished with nothing left to save and I though that would be impossible to cut anything.
Pay yourself first
After seeing that, I started paying myself first and budgeting everything else with what I was left with. This way I lowered my dining out category and my fun money category. These categories became so big that I thought I had the minimum in it, but I had like three times what I really needed. This is one of the reasons why you should pay yourself first and budget after. If you budget before, you only keep growing your spending category and you will be left with nothing to save after couple. It’s easier to budget once the saving is done.
To start paying myself first, I started with a 10$ saving by week and now I am saving between 50$ to 100$ by week. I started with a small amount to be able to do it since I thought I couldn’t cut anything more. And every couple week, I put more than what I’ve put couple weeks ago and lowered my spending slowly. Going slow made myself be comfortable with the fact that I lower my spending and I didn’t really see the difference with the week before. In this way, I didn’t stop to save after a couples weeks like all my past years.
These are my trick I used to save more. Readers, are you paying yourself first?
Hello everyone, this is my goal update of march.
This month is a good month for my goal. I’ve only failed to get new inventory for my business since I had other thing to pay before investing more in this. Also, I kept selling stuff on Ebay which gonna cover the inventory fee.
Goal updates :
- Goal 1 : Get 2000$ ahead to cover the expense of next month – On its way
I am now at around 300$ to cover next month expense. It’s 200$ less than the last update but I had some income trouble at the beginning of the month.
- Goal 2 : Add 100$ month in my RSSP – On hold
No modification since the last update. This goal will be put on hold for the moment and but this year I need to put some in the RSSP. Instead of adding money to my RSSP, I’ve added some to my TSFA account.
- Goal 3 : Add 100$ month in my Emergency Funds – Success
I’ve added 100$ to my mortgage checking account to have a month worth of payment in it. I’m considering this my emergency funds.
Goal 4 : Get a new tablet– Failed and cancelled
This goal will not be completed.
- Goal 5 : Keep this blog updated – Success
I posted regularly in march
- Goal 6 : Trade cryptocurency. (Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin …) – On it’s way
I’ve traded some cryptocurency.
Goal 7: Add or speed 100$ biweekly for the incoming baby. – Cancelled
- Goal 8 : Make at least one trade in Questrade by trimester – Success
I’ve made a trade in March
- Goal 9 : Get a new inventory for the business. – Failed
I’ve not bought anything since I had some income problem at the beginning of the month.
Today, I’ve bought 100 stocks of Titan Medical Inc (TMD.TO) at 0.89$ each. I added more unit to my portfolio with the last price drop. The company look to have a great potential.
These stocks lowered my unit price to 0.98$ each. With this transaction, I own a total of 176 shares of TMD.
Today, I’ve bought 41 stocks of Bankers Petroleum Ltd (BNK.TO) at 1.15$ each. This is a Canada-based oil exploration and production company that focus on assets in Albania.
I looked at the charts and it seems to have a great potential. Also, I was looking to invest in an oil company. This diversify my portfolio and since I have a big risk tolerance, I can get some risky stocks.
This stock adds to my day to day trading stocks. For these stocks, I am not looking to keep them long terms since they are highly volatile, so I will trade them when I am happy with the profit I made from them.
Today, I’ve bought 76 stocks of Titan Medical Inc (TMD.TO) at 1.09$ each. I readed about this company and it seems to be promising. They are in the surgeon controled robotic sector, which seems a promising sector in my eye. Also, TMD.TO will make a demo the 16-17 march at a conference in the medical domain so this could help the company to get more visibility.
I was looking to get some risky stock in my portfolio to make it grow and get a better return. I needed to add some risky stock to get this category in my portfolio. Also these risky action, I consider it as day to day trading and some fun money.
Ps : I will post every new stock I buy or sell in the blog.
Since the last 2 years I’ve started to search some way to save money while buying the regular stuff I need. I found some site to save money and some apps to save even more. These apps saved me more than 300$ in one years in cash-back. Some are paying in check and others in paypal or gift card.
First of all here the website I use to save money:
- greatcanadianrebates : This is the one I use the must while shopping online on Amazon, Ebay, Walmart and more. I am saving some % on these website while I purchase stuff I need like electronics, baby things, gift and more.
- Ebates Canada : This one works the same way as greatcanadianrebates but have some different % back. So Before buying something I look these 2 sites and I use the one that give back more.
Here’s the apps I use on my android phone to save money :
- Checkout 51 : With this app you take a picture of your receipt and choose what you bought on what Checkout 51 offer. With this app, I saved 91$ in one year. You can redeem a check at 20$ or more.
- Zweet : This work the same way as Checkout 51 but the cash back is lower. In a year I made 18$. It’s not a lot but it take a minute to do it and you can redeem the same receipt on the two apps.
Are you using some apps or website that make you save money ?
P.S.: Keep in mind that some of these links are referral link that get me some cash back. I will never recommend something that I don’t use so it’s your choice if you want to use my referral link or not.
|Car loan at 0%||$15,615.00|
This is my first net worth post. The mortgage and the house is owned by me and my wife. The others entry are only my number and do not count my wife.
The TSFA and RRSP are at Questrade and are invested in some ETF. I am trying to follow the couch potato method.
All my credit card are paid in full every month so I don’t get charge any interest. Also this was not the best month to start looking for my net worth since I was in paternity leave for almost 2 month and only starting to get my job pay in march.
Every month, I will post my net worth to see if it going up or down. At this amount, it should go up every month. My goal are to put more investment and start contributing to my RRSP account.
Also, I will try the website Networkshare to get a graphic of my net worth for the next month.
Readers : How are you tracking your net worth ?
- VDY will pay 0.126995$ per share. I will receive 2.03$ from VDY.
- ZRE will pay 0.088$ per share. I will receive 0.70$ from ZRE.
I’ve always wanted to start a business in my life but didn’t want to rely only on it for my finance. So while I was in paternity leaves, i’ve looked into something that could bring me money while I have fun.
After couples days of research, I’ve found a niche that was underdeveloped here in canada. I registred my enterprise as a sole propritor and imported some stuff from china to resell it on ebay.
All this stuff is in an area that I love to look after. On every item, I make one dollar or more of profit. In a month, I’ve sold 10 items on about 40 that I’ve imported.
Since I was a new ebay seller, I had no reputation so I guess in the next month it gonna be better.
I will keep you updated every month.